Electrolux is a global leader in household appliances and appliances for professional use- selling more than 40 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. With a culture of passion for innovation- customer obsession and drive for results- the company uses thoughtful design and extensive consumer insight to meet the real needs of consumers and professionals. Electrolux products include refrigerators- dishwashers- washing machines- vacuum cleaners and cookers sold under esteemed brands such as Electrolux- AEG-Electrolux- Eureka and Frigidaire. In 2008- Electrolux had sales of SEK 105 billion and 55-000 employees. For more information- visit http://www.electrolux.com/press or http://newsroom.electrolux.com.
Purchasing Agent - Memphis
Job ID: EMANA13NAPLUS24
Electrolux Major Appliances NA
Memphis, TN 38109
United States Of America
Electrolux Major Appliances North America
Responsible for source selection, part availability, and year-over-year material cost productivity, as directed by purchasing leadership. These products and services are to be secured at cost, quality, and delivery levels consistent with assigned targets established to meet strategic objectives. This function includes support on matters that directly impact the financial and services performance of the group.
Key operational responsibilities
· Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, negotiate prices and delivery terms, and ensure parts availability.
· Prepare, solicit, collect, analyze, and negotiate requests for quotation and recommend / onboard suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness.
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
· Work directly with, and support initiatives and directives of, Electrolux Major Appliances North America (EMA-NA) commodity, global commodity, product line, sales, engineering, publications, and other teams toward best-in-class quality, delivery, and cost.
· Regularly analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage for improvement.
· Effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop / deliver on actionable objectives.
· Review and analyze materials supplied to identify more cost-effective opportunities; lead cross-functional and remotely located teams to implement and realize improvements.
· Resolve invoice price discrepancies.
· Internalize EMA policies and practices, and successfully communicate and enforce with suppliers as well as internal resources to deliver on EMA strategic objectives.
· BS degree in Business or Engineering
· 3 years of progressive responsibility in a purchasing function
· Demonstrated success in year-over-year material cost reduction projects
· Strong analytical and financial acumen to include should-cost modeling
· Basic knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts
· Expertise in supplier processes and cost drivers
· Experience in project leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Personal computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AS400, MRP systems, etc)
· Strong familiarity with purchasing and accounting processes
· Experience in strategic sourcing and supplier development
· Understanding of cross-border shipment laws, tariffs, taxation and time frames
· Excellent communication & negotiation skills
· Strong interpersonal and indirect leadership capacity
· High level of creative problem solving aptitude
· Familiarity with supply chain and material flow (T&W, lead-times, tier-2 vendors, etc)
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Electrolux is a global market leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, selling more than 40 million products to customers in 150 countries every year with brands such as Electrolux, AEG-Electrolux, Eureka, Frigidaire and Zanussi.
Electrolux is a leading provider in the North American appliance market, and Electrolux Major Appliances North America is our second-largest business sector. With 14,000 people across North America, we have a solid understanding of American
consumers’ needs and desires that allows us to provide innovative, thoughtfully designed products that help consumers create the well-lived homes they desire.
Our values -
Passion for Innovation
Drive for Results
are guiding how we work, because Electrolux is a company thinking of you